Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last night

was a busy weekend for me,doing an IT course and had to read up for a test, was almost regretting why i took up the course. My head was banging all through the weekend!! It was filled with book!! gosh i no be geek at all at all. Thank God i passed the one i took.

Fear is paralyzing!! with all the stories about robbery attacks on the road, joints and homes. I have never been robbed by gunmen or at gunpoint before, pray never to experience such horrible scene. anyways woke up last night at about 12.30 am to hear gruff 'area boys' voices talking close to my house, usually when i wake up at night i either go back to sleep immediately or watch TV but last night i was frozen on the bed. with my mind spinning different scenarios and yours truly has a very fertile imagination so i was frozen stiff with fear. couldn't even get up as i heard one of them ordering a woman to get into a car, i could hear footsteps, doors banging and all that. i had created escape routes in my mind, quickly i had to wear dress up (yeah yeah i sleep in my birthday suit sometimes, don't want to give any body any ideas) and started praying and confessing all my sins, sins unknown and known, recent and past, ones God had forgiven me and the ones i was not too sure about, sins of commission and omission and all that, and all that plenty plenty things just playing on my mind.
Ha!! fear!! dealt with me seriously and was unable to get a good night sleep, after much prayers and praying for daylight,( this was very rare for me as i hate going to work, would rather pray for a longer night) i finally drifted to sleep.

woke up at 5am and the neighbourhood was extremely quiet. not a sound.
maybe it was my overworked mind playing tricks on me or an explainable situation that escalated to whatever in my mind...whatever excuse i never want to be facing a gun, day time or night time.
Phew..........what a night.

3 comments:

lost-not yet found said...

Went through your blog... the whole thing. Its quite interesting...u should share it with more people.

Atutupoyoyo said...

Amen to that sista. You write so well. Are you still interviewing applicants for the...ahem...position?

Bunmmy said...

@ lost-not yet found. Thanks for the compliments. Its difficult sharing it with people and trying to be anonymous at same time but i'll try. :)

@ atutupoyoyo. Thanks so much for your compliment, it has always been my dream to be a writer and i get to refine it on these pages. Thank you for reading my write ups. Well...lol...applications are still welcome...lol