Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'll rather die than not try.

Wrote this poem in 2005.

'If you feel you have the reasons to be away from me,
Then suit yourself and leave.
But I’ll be long gone, away far when you return.
You think I’ll wait,
That’s really wrong ,
I’m just moving ahead but with your shadow by my side.

Each morning I pray for you,
Secretly hoping God never hears as He watches my lips move,
But my heart says volumes.
If you hear, you’ll feel the pain I felt
When you walked out with a chunk of me.

I smile when we talk
Or rather my lips twitch as I said’ hello’, By the poolside.

I saw her the other day as you stood,
Uncomfortable as I walked in the Benson’s party,
Quickly, you excused yourself as I danced away with Biyi
To the groovy sound of the night...

I’m leaving on the midnight bus, far away from you,
‘Silly!’ not physically ……..but in my emotions.
I’ll bury you at midnight in the sands of time
Far away from my heart, so that the dust does not choke me
Or my eyes become red.
Although they have been red for several days

Yinka asked what the problem was
I said ‘Apollo’, ‘Ha!’ I could see the disbelief in her eyes,
Even the parrots could tell I lied , I cared less as I’m too proud to say
He left me, ‘that’s weakness! I ain’t weak … and stupid ‘I say to myself as I gather all the cards, pictures and letters,
Saying good bye to your quaint writing, to your lies.

I hope I get a rebirth, as I say the last rites.
Hoping for a grand passage of life with you,

to a life alone.
As the pine tree rustled to the sound of the cool, cold night.

6 comments:

NikkiSab said...

So sad wen relationships come to an end esp wen u dont world to know how much u wld rada die dan live without dem. Its a lovely true poem of life.

bighead said...

Yu pray and hope he doesn't hear? Don't worry love will find its way to your heart and fill whatever void has been left by the other person.

Obinwanne said...

very nice piece, but rather sad situation...

An-Igbo-Dude said...

eh yah...
i'm almost teary eyed
nice one straight from the heart

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I like the poem, but the subject is quite difficult for me as I can't help but take some parts literally. Anyway, great poem, and I hope say you don move on, oh!

Bunmmy said...

thnks Nikki, Biggie, Obi, AIDC,Sol.
its really sad when a rship breaks up especially one where a future has been marked.
i've moved on.