Friday, May 18, 2007

am i religious?

Have been kinda troubled in my mind and it concerns my weekend outing that i mentioned earlier, i agreed on going on for a religious event with a friend. The church hosting it are well known for their stringent rules and regulations and this event had a specific set of rules which had to be followed to get the desired results. I have been pretty sceptical but my friend was quite encouraging as she believed it would be the end of our problems, but i have been unsettled in my mind and my beliefs because i felt like i was now depending on a man to get my prayers answered instead of looking up to God, i now felt like i was needy,desperate and kinda uncontrollable i.e i could go to any length just to be fulfilled. this was highlighted more in a talk with a dear friend... i really had to think and reflect on myself and beliefs. called to cancel to the dismay of my friend who wanted a partner badly. I new a change is not going to come until i change myself and make a firm decision to stay changed.
That's the decision i have made. I'm shaky, because its hard, we all know living to God's standard is hard, there are things i do, situations i get in that i forget all about him and think about self satisfaction. For some of us nothing ever works right expect its done right. That's me for sure, so i better start acting right before i realise its too late and all i'm filled with is coulda , shoulda , woulda.

2 comments:

NikkiSab said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 to your decision to self evaluate and try God's way. I hope you find your heart's desire and be careful. Believe in your name 'Hopeful B'

Anonymous said...

Welldone girl! Keep your focus.....all you require to make that change is within you

Blog Archive