Monday, May 21, 2007

Dream on dreamer, life's on the way........

Higher by Creed
When dreaming

I'm guided through another world
Time and time again
At sunrise
I fight to stay asleep
'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place
'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape
From the life I live when I'm awake
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?
Can you take me higher?
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To the place with golden streets
Although I would like our world to change
It helps me to appreciate Those nights and those dreams
But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
The only difference is To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there Let's ask can we stay?
Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time
Up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams
And make them mine.

This is one of my favorite songs and I always love listening to it when I’m in a reflective mood or dreaming about something. I sometimes call myself Joseph the dreamer, used to say some rather outlandish stuff when I was little to my sisters and they would just laugh. My problem has always been fear factor, inability to move and the idea that I have to wait for stuff to just fall in place.
Hmm, this weekend was really great and insightful. I purposed in my heart certain things and started the machinery for its unfolding……..ok..too much grammar.
I’m big on dreams, have always dreamt of being an entrepreneur, a musician, a model , actress, beauty queen , socialite, writer, poet, wife of a billionaire(still working on that), see my face on ebony , Genevieve, true love, own a magazine…. (the list is endless) Soon all other issues and stuff made me dream more and sometimes put pen on paper. I ventured into some stuff but they soon died because of fear of commitment. Dreams are good , they make you wander into foreign lands in your minds eyes. They sometimes give hope and the will to live. I’m a big dreamer by nature and this weekend I took an extra bold step, working towards my dream realization. I don’t want to wake up 10 years later and find out the world just moved on with me standing in same space. Sometimes I wonder sometimes if its wrong to dream, what if they never come true and the total opposite happens. People say its lack of tenacity and point out people who against all odds achieved the unachievable, well, got nothing to say about that. Some people say never expect nothing so that you will be grateful for what happens to you. That’s pessimism in disguise sha. For me its more like a mixture of pessimism and optimism/faith. Keeping faith, helps keep your dreams alive burning within. i also realised that people help to push you to your dreams, the playa haters and the good friends alike. Love your friends that encourage you and tell you the truth in love and love those that hate your guts, your drive and the good God has deposited inside of you, sometimes they just need a very good example which you are. ok...enuf ramblings.....just dream on expect the best. to all my friends, i really love and appreciate you guys for keeping me sane all through these years......................

No comments:

Blog Archive